• Phone: 0413 312 133

"Old Towers Drug Co. Building, 45 Mitchell Street "
For Sale $660,000

Photos (20)

Old Towers Drug Co. Building, 45 Mitchell Street

Location Map

Driving directions

Please enter your starting address in the form input below.

Street

Bedrooms 4
Bathrooms 2
Year Built 1889-1890
Garage Type 10

Overview

Old Towers Drug Co. Building established 1889-1890. This is an iconic building.

Full restoration in 1988 as a bicentenial project and impeccably maintained by present owners past 17 yrs.

It is a well established business with two freehold titles. The property is well maintained and in outstanding condition.

Two shops are tenanted 16 yrs (ongoing) by wonderful tenants a NSW government Metal Health Provider.

Upstairs are three beautiful self contained recently refurbished apartments, there is also a rear ground floor self contained apartment.

Located in Mitchell Street (CBD) Bourke opposite Central Park. Large Lockup parking with rear laneway access.

The apartments are also a great revenue stream www.bourkeapartments.com.au managed past 10yrs from Sydney.

The Property had 2020 financial year earning $62,000 (covid Year)

For sale only $600,000 plus GST.

Contact Owner for more details John Hickson 0447733801 or selling agents Nutrien AG Solutions Bourke, Greig Seiler (Managing Partner) Bourke 0268722033

Historical notes:

The original land allotment was owned by TA Mathews built in 1889-90 the building survived the 1890 flood and later a serious fire. The Towers Drug Co. which was owned by Dr Sides moved his company, this address 45 Mitchell Street to from an earlier building in 1880. It was then used as a surgery, pharmacy and residence. It continued as a pharmacy until 1934. The business owner's include D Arnott from 1912 Fred Hearne from 1922, HS Elton 1913, G M Peterson 1919. H Proctor Brown 1926. Various Doctor's involved in the building include Dr Sides, 1880. Dr Dey 1900, Dr Scott 1910, and chemists were Towers, Toombs and Abberton. Sides was Bourke's sole doctor from about 1890 to 1910. The building itself was bequeathed to Mrs Sides, then in 1916 to her two daughters, Miss Jacobson and Miss DeBomford who lived there till 1921.

The building was sold by the family in 1939 and extensions and alterations were made soon after that. the ground floor became largely residential and the upper rooms were rented out. Bourke Shire Council bought it in c1966 for use as a wool museum, and at that time many fittings (cedar doors, iron railings etc.) were removed. 1978 Bourke & District Historical Society were using the building as Historical Museum and Tourist Centre and craftshop. It was renovated in c1980, but evacuated in 1982 due to extensive cracking on the reactive clay soils. Then in 1988 it was renovated again by the Bourke & District Historical Society with funding from the Heritage Council and the NSW Bicentennial Council. The property had the great honor of an inspection by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth 2 in 2002 on her visit to Bourke.

Old Towers Drug Co. Building, 45 Mitchell Street
Bourke, New South Wales 2840
Australia
Contact
Greg Seiler
Nutrien AG Solutions Bourke
+61 2 6872 2033
+61 429 701 136
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Gallery

All information (including but not limited to the property area, floor size, price, address and general property description)on this website is provided as a convenience to you, and has been provided by third parties.